People have every excuse in the book why they can’t do something or become a winner. Excuses and lack of confidence is the #1 killer of success right along with lack of ambition.
Raising your self esteem is hard work. People tend to find ways to support their self definitions even if those self views are negative.
1. Change your thinking – Your current life is a sum of your total thoughts. (Confidence quote by Napoleon Hill-Think and Grow Rich) THIS is what you thought yourself into. To become the master of your destiny, you must learn to control the nature of your dominant, habitual thoughts. By doing so, you will be able to attract into your life that which you intend to have and experience as you come to know the Truth that your thoughts create your reality. Everyday work on thinking of positive things. Envision success, envision and think of making great accomplishments. Set small goals and achieve then and then set more goals.
2. Believe In Yourself At All Costs – No matter what anyone else says you should always believe in yourself. The brain is the most valuable asset that you have. Protect it at all costs. I can’t tell you how many people told me that I was wasting time on Facebook talking to losers and telling me that my website would never work out for me and that blogging was overly saturated and blah, blah, blah.. I cut them off! 1 year later the results are obvious.
If you have a dream and a vision don’t expect everyone to be in alignment with it and see it. Often time your dreams and goals will seem ridiculous to others around you because that they are actually doing is placing their low expectations for themselves on you.. If they can’t see themselves doing it, they feel like you can’t do it either.
3. Know Who You Are- Know what you are good at and make your self esteem based around those talents. Even if you are a not too bright girl but you are gorgeous, heck make your self esteem based upon those looks. If you are the best chef around, place your confidence around those skills. As you take confidence in your life in one area it will spread to other areas. Give yourself a pet on the back for your accomplishments, stop being overly modest as if It did not take hard work to accomplish what you did. Over achievers can easily succumb to low self esteem because they refuse to congratulate themselves.
Tell yourself that you are not perfect, you will never be perfect. If you are perfect that leaves no room for growth. You are still an awesome person. Everyone is a work in progress.
I am able to speak assertively and say things that I know may piss people off due to my confidence. Confidence that I know who I am and I accept myself for who I am.. I am true to self. We all have faults. You have to accept yourself for your good and your bad. If some one says something is wrong with me and there is some truth to it, they are not telling me anything new because I know this of myself..
4. Give Yourself Positive Affirmations- Every day when you wake up look in the mirror and tell your reflection that you are awesome. You have to tell yourself that you are somebody, you are important. YES, you can make a difference. If you do not believe that you are somebody you will never be anybody. Yes, little ole you can make changes in this world. God put a little of himself in every single person that he made. There are talents that you have that nobody else has. Accept it and hone in on those talents.
5. LOOK GOOD – When you look good you feel good. Get a fresh hair cut, comb your hair. play in your make-up and come up with a new look. Give yourself a facial. Put on a full suit and a snazzy tie. Smell good, put on fresh clothes. You have to look in the mirror and like your reflection. LOVE yourself. feel like YES you are worth and do deserve a little pampering.
Over time all these things combined will increase your confidence. Confidence is something that you have to continuously work on. When you have confidence in yourself you will attract more people to you.
Try not to fully base your self esteem upon material possessions or accomplishments. While those things help raise confidence those same things can lower your confidence if not achieved. Focus on the good qualities about yourself.. Real confidence means you could be homeless and still feel the same way about yourself. THAT is the thing on the inside that counts.. YOUR LIFE IS A MOVIE AND YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER.
Ladies, 4 classes on improving your self esteem visit SHANEL COOPER SYKES. (sorry, don’t know of any classes for men)
AWESOME VIDEO THAT SUMS UP WHAT I SAID.. WATCH IT