15-Week-Old Twin Baby Found Dead at Homeless Shelter

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 5.13.53 AM

This is a story about a woman who is staying with a man who continues to beat her and drag her down hill.

A 15-week-old boy, Jeremiah Hammond, was found dead at St. Vincent de Paul homeless shelter for women early Thursday morning where he was staying with his parents.

It all started when an anonymous worker at the shelter called 911.

“We have two infants. Both of them have died,” an unidentified worker at the shelter said before hanging up on a 9-1-1 dispatcher.

“We have two infant babies. They told us they had passed away,” the unidentified worker said.


The dispatcher asked for details on what happened.

“They just woke up, getting up, they said they woke up and said the babies had passed,” the worker said.

When the dispatcher continued to ask questions, the caller said, “I can’t give you any information. “We just need you guys here now.”

Then she hung up.

An ambulance was dispatched about 5:35 a.m.

Police arrived to find that only one of the twins was dead.  There was no visible trauma to the dead infant. The coroner is waiting on toxicology reports to come back.

Jeremiah Hammond’s twin sister was treated at Dayton Children’s Hospital. She is listed in good condition, according to a hospital spokesperson.


Patrick Wilkerson, 23, “the father  of deceased responsible for the deceased care,” was arrested after allegedly hitting an officer assigned to keep him outside and separate from the mother.

According to the incident report, Wilkerson was told “several times” he needed to wait outside by a police cruiser while the investigation was conducted.

“I had also explained to Wilkerson that we must treat the incident like a crime had occurred and properly investigate it,” Officer Colin Patterson said in the initial report.

He is not charged in the suspicious death of the child.


The child’s mother, Nakela McGhee, was apparently pregnant with the twins when she reported being assaulted by Wilkerson on Sept. 11, 2015, according to police reports.

Interviewed at Grandview Hospital, McGhee, 20 at the time, told police that Wilkerson beat her unconscious and threw her through a glass-topped coffee table in an apartment they shared with his brother on Siebenthaler Avenue.

At the time, McGhee told police she was ending her relationship with Wilkerson as a result of the incident and moving in with her mother, according to the report.

Few other details were available on the incident or the little boy, born on May 17He underwent an autopsy Thursdaybut no further information was available from the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office.

Just sad all the way around…